The Deaths come from another universe. They’re supernatural immortal deities and the only creatures that can travel between the worlds. Their job is to kill the human body once the soul leaves it.
Once a year the Deaths stop performing their duties for a single day, called the Life Day. The Witches first meet them during its celebration.
The Deaths can make themselves visible or invisible to humans as they want, but some humans are able to see them regardless. Such humans can ask the Deaths for a wish, but they pay a morbid price for it and lose their seeing gift afterwards.
There’re many other Deaths, but these seven are the most well-known and influential:
- Norbert (aka “The Disease” or “The Collector”) – the oldest one of them. He has control over people’s memories;
- Sybil (aka “The Hunger” or “The Regulator”) – regulates the rules and balance; sets prices, punishment and roles;
- Rayne (aka “The Burn” or “The Gambler”) – can timetravel;
- Wally (aka “The Drowning” or “The Whisperer”) – draws prophecies, creates foreshadowing dreams, whispers legends about Deaths to humans;
- Conrad (aka “The Heart Attack” or “The Destroyer”) – can destroy any matter + feels the presence of other Deaths;
- Bella (aka “The Poison” or “The Sealer”) – can block other Deaths’ abilities;
- Koma (aka “The Sleep” or “The Healer”) – the youngest one of them, can restore any matter.
If you’d like to learn more about them, check my Toyhouse.
Bastille‘s dolls, often used by Ichor to help her communicate.
When plugged in someone’s head, can projects thoughts and memories onto their screens. Vice versa, can project what they see into the person’s mind.
Owner of the biggest candy factories in the Yellow Country.
Cedric‘s father, Mrs. McDowell‘s love interest for some short amount of time.
Acts cold and detached, is mostly concerned about his own well-being.
A doll made by Bastille. Belongs to Pepper and lives at her garden. He guards her palace from unwanted intruders and sometimes catches the “husbands” that try to escape.
Often grumpy and rude, talks bad about Pepper, but likes her despite anything.
Head of the guards at the Motley Horde.
Jinjur and Faramant‘s grandfather, Leslie‘s grandgrandfather.
An old-fashioned, stoic man that stands for patriotism, honesty and pancakes. Most Mothey Horde kids think he’s an odd goofball, funny in his exhaggerated mannerisms and overestimation of his own powers. Loves speaking loudly and pompously, with wide gestures. Isn’t malicious in the slightest, but he’s that grandpa that casually makes awkward racist jokes during your family gatherings because he doesn’t know better.
Leslie‘s stepbrother and stepsister, Jinjur and Sharky‘s kids.
Seem to be doing a better job of being potential future leaders of robbers than Leslie.
The Guardian of the Gates to the Ruby City.
Jinjur‘s brother, Leslie‘s uncle, major‘s grandson.
Passive, unassertive, a bit slow, prefers a quiet life. Doesn’t share Jinjur’s violent tendencies, but tries to be nice to her. Is on very good terms with Leslie.